You may not know this, but there is a high chance that you are unleashing a world of damage on your hair while brushing and drying it. Here are a few things you need to keep in mind once you step out of the shower:
- Use a microfiber towel: Pre-dry your hair with a microfiber towel once you step out of the shower. Avoid using a terrycloth towel as it can tangle your hair too much, increase frizz, and cause it to break.
- Avoid blow-drying: The heat from blow dryers damages your hair just as much as heat styling tools do. It is best to apply a leave-in conditioner all over your damp hair and let it air-dry.
- Blow-dry only after your hair is partially dry: If you absolutely cannot stop using a blow dryer, make this one simple adjustment. Blow-dry your hair once it is 70% dry. This gives time for your hair cuticles to close up and will reduce the heat damage.
These are the hair care tips to keep in mind to ensure the health of your hair that can bring about a massive improvement. It helps you nourish your scalp, stimulate blood flow, and promote the growth of hair strands remarkably.
The condition of your hair is a sign of your overall health and well-being. Hair growth is a top priority for most of us nowadays. The harmful pollution in the surroundings and our careless lifestyle has led to a lot of hair damage.
Fruits are a good source of fiber and vitamins and it can help our hair. There are various fruits that help in hair growth. Here is a list of top 5 fruits that promote hair growth.
- Lemon: Lemon contains vitamin C, which helps to prevent hair loss. It also helps reduce dandruff, lice, and scalp acne.
- Apple: Green apple juice helps in strengthening the locks, enhancing hair growth and preventing hair loss. The paste of apple can be used as a shampoo. Apple also balances the hair and scalp pH.
- Cherry: Cherry has antioxidant and anti-fungal properties. It may protect your hair and scalp from damage and promote hair health.
- Papaya: Papaya is a rich source of antioxidants. It contains vitamins A, C, and E. It helps condition hair and promote hair growth. Papaya also has anti-fungal properties that help treat dandruff.
- Apricots: Apricots contain fatty acids like linoleic and linolenic acids. They help promote hair growth. Apricot oil can be used as a hair oil due to its softening and moisturizing effects.
Fruits are also good for your entire body health. They provide your body with the key nutrients required for healthy hair. So add the above listed fruits in your diet and earn a healthy hair.
Every time you step out, your hair is being bombarded by the sun and the innumerable pollutants floating around in the air. Hence, it is super important that you take some steps to protect your precious tresses from them. Below are 5 things that you can do.
- Wear a hat/scarf: Cover your hair when you step outdoors, especially during summers. A hat or a scarf can go a long way in protecting your hair from intense sun damage.
- Don’t step out with oily/wet hair: Don’t step out right after you have oiled or washed your hair as it can make dust and dirt stick to it.
- Use a hair sunscreen: Invest in a hair sunscreen and use it religiously to protect your hair from the ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun.
- Tie up your hair: Leaving your hair open and loose when outdoors can make it more prone to dryness and damage. Tie up your air when heading out into the world.
- Deep condition: Deep condition your hair at least once a week to cleanse your scalp completely and restore moisture back into your dull, dry hair.
These are the hair care tips to keep in mind to ensure the health of your hair.
Potato juice helps activate your hair scalp cells, which in turn, encourages hair growth. It can help in cleansing the scalp by absorbing sebum and sweat. Also, it is rich in starch content, which will get rid of the excess oil in your hair. Here are the benefits you should know:
- Fast Hair Growth: Potato juice and peel contain zinc, niacin, and iron that help in the fast growth of hair by nourish and nurturing the hair follicles.
- Remove Dandruff: Potatoes are acidic in nature and hence help in keeping dandruff at bay. Potato juice for hair can be beneficial for the scalp as well.
- Keeps The Scalp Clean: The usage of potato juice on hair can cleanse the scalp and unclog the hair follicles which also deals with problems like dandruff and hair fall.
- Natural Conditioner: Potato acts as a natural conditioner by adding shine and luster to the hair. Using potato juice for hair softening is an ancient ritual in many civilizations.
- Stimulating Blood Circulation: Juice of potato for hair when massaged gently on the scalp stimulates blood circulation, getting rid of the impurities from hair follicles.
Potato juice exhibits antioxidant activity. This may keep the scalp free of infections and dandruff. Potato unclogs hair follicles, keeping the scalp clean. Using potato juice may add shine and luster to your hair by closing the cuticles.
Carrots contain vitamin A, a nutrient that can condition your scalp. As per anecdotal evidence, carrots may also improve the overall strength of your hair and make it thicker and shinier. The nutrients in carrots can also improve blood circulation to your scalp, which may help in promoting hair growth. Below are the benefits of carrot for your hair.
- Promotes Hair Growth: Carrot juice for hair growth is also highly recommended because it supplies our bodies with lots of vitamins C and E. These components can improve scalp blood circulation. Therefore, hair growth could be promoted faster. Regular consumption of carrots will improve your hair strength and brighten its look.
- Nourish Your Hair: Carrots will nourish your hair with thousands of minerals and vitamins, make it stronger, thicker, shinier and smoother. Another secret of carrots juice that you may not know is that it can help to prevent your hair from premature graying.
- Prevent Hair Loss: Carrots contain a huge amount of beta carotene which prevents your hair and scalp from dryness, avoiding hair loss. Vitamin E found in carrots can promote blood circulation in the scalp.
Carrot juice is the easiest way for nourishing your hair. You can try it and notice the changes yourself.
Curry leaves are rich sources of beta-carotene and proteins, which can reduce hair loss and increase hair growth. They also contain amino acids and antioxidants which strengthen the hair follicles and moisturize the scalp. Curry leaves also help remove the dead hair follicles, which can be the reason behind dandruff. Below are some benefits that you should know
- Promotes Hair Growth: Curry leaves help in speeding up hair growth by restoring the health of your scalp. You can make a paste with fresh curry leaves, amla, and methi leaves. Apply this paste all over your scalp, and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Repair Hair Damage: Curry leaves can help in repair hair damage. Mix curry leaves paste with olive oil and aloe vera. Gently massage it on the scalp and apply it to the lengths of the hair.
- Reduces Hair Fall And Thinning: Curry leaves are a rich source of beta-carotene and proteins, which can reduce hair loss and increase hair growth. You can make a paste with curry leaves, hibiscus petals, and coconut oil. Apply this paste all over your scalp, and leave it for 30 minutes.
Curry leaves are rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants moisturize the scalp, and also remove dead hair follicles. It neutralizes the free radicals and keeps your hair healthy and strong. Notice the changes!.
Haircare is a serious undertaking, especially since there are plenty of us who love to experiment with different hairstyles.
Damaging hairstyles most definitely exist, and you could be causing some serious damage without even knowing it. But don’t freak out quite yet, because it looks like the key to preserving our gorgeous hair is just to not go overboard with these hairstyles and to allow hair days to recover and rest.
Below are some facts you should know about hairstyles.
- The exact same ponytail every day: ponytails are a quick and easy way to hide dirty hair and give you a polished look in seconds, but they can be one of the most damaging hairstyles out there. Elastic hair ties can grip hair too tightly and cut into the hair shaft, causing fraying when they are repeatedly used in the same spot.
- Braids: Braids that are too tight can also cause tensile stress, which occurs when there is constant tugging on hair follicles. Regular tensile stress can lead to serious hair loss conditions, such as traction alopecia, which can be caused by wearing tight hairstyles for a long period of time.
- Wet up-dos: Wet hair is much more fragile than dry hair and is more prone to breakage and splitting. You should never tie up your hair when it is wet.
- Blowout-preserving bun: While sleeping with your hair in a bun may help to preserve your salon-professional blowout, it can also have some serious repercussions for your overall hair care. It is important to always wear hair down when sleeping, to avoid pulling at your roots. Rolling around while you sleep can cause friction and tugging at the hairline as well.
Keeping these facts in mind can help you a lot when it comes to taking care of your hair.
Rice water contains amino acids that strengthen the hair roots, increase hair volume, and make your hair shiny and smooth. Rice water acts as a shield and protects your hair from damage. Some of its benefits are listed below:
- Improves Hair Growth: The best way to use rice water to grow hair is to rinse your hair with it after a wash. Follow the process at least twice a week, and you will surely see the results.
- Reduces Split Ends: Soak your split ends in rice water for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash your hair. You will gradually see improvement in the condition of your hair.
- Cures Dandruff: Rice water gives you respite from dandruff and with regular use, helps you combat the problem altogether. Use it regularly for better results.
- Makes Hair Silky And Shiny: Rice water strengthen your hair roots, add shine to hair, and make it smooth and silky.
- Protects Hair From Damage: It contains inositol that repairs damaged hair and protects hair.
In every possible way, rice water is great for your hair. It is safe, natural, and has absolutely no side effects. It improves the condition of your hair in a healthy manner. It can restore the natural luster of your hair. Notice the changes!.
Olive oil is great for moisturizing the scalp and it prevents dandruff, which is the main cause of hair fall. Olive oil could add softness and strengthen hair by penetrating the hair shaft and preserving moisture.
- Egg And Olive Oil Mask: Egg and olive oil hair mask is an effective remedy for dandruff and hair fall. Mix yogurt, egg, and olive oil. Apply this pack on to the scalp of your hair. Repeat at least once a week for better results.
- Honey And Olive Oil Mask: Take olive oil and some aloe vera gel, blended walnuts with a flour-like consistency and honey. Aloe Vera’s healing properties coupled with the antioxidants from honey will leave you with smooth and healthy hair.
- Apple Cider Vinegar And Olive Oil Mask: Apple cider may also work as a natural remedy for dandruff. Apple cider and aloe vera hair mask is an effective remedy for dandruff and hair fall. Mix apple cider, aloe vera, and olive oil. Apply the mask on your hair. Repeat at least once a week for better results.
Olive oil will work to promote healthy hair growth. Treating your hair with olive oil will also strengthen your hair follicle and increase the life span of each hair.
There is a bit more nuance to brushing your hair than going straight at it with the hairbrush or comb of your choice every morning. After all, knots and tangles are a major cause of hair breakage. Here’s what you need to do:
- Detangle in the shower: Detangle your hair in the shower with a wide-toothed comb while there’s conditioner in it. This is when your hair is soft and malleable, thus making it easier and less painful to detangle it.
- Use a boar bristle brush or wide-toothed comb: If you have been using a round brush or metal brush to detangle your hair, you need to stop right away. These brushes are meant to be used when you are blow-drying your hair. For everyday use, opt for a boar bristle brush, wide-toothed comb, or stagger toothed comb to remove the knots and tangles from your hair.
- Detangle from the ends to the scalp: You may not know this, but detangling your hair from the roots to the ends can create more knots and ultimately lead to more breakage. The correct way to go about it is to start a few inches above the ends and brush downwards, slowly working your way up to the scalp.
Try these tips and see the results for yourselves.