Almost all women like the look of straight shiny and silky hair. The side effects of permanent hair straightening are many, ranging from something as minor as dullness to something as major as hair loss. Here are some side effects of permanent hair straightening.
- Breakage: Temporary and permanent hair straightening can lead to excessive dryness and it’s safe to say that weakening the structure of your hair becomes more susceptible to breaking from the middle.
- Split ends: Split-ends are usually formed when your weakened hair starts breaking from the middle. Besides being a clear indication of the fragile state of your hair, they also make your tresses look unsightly.
- Hair fall: Applying heat on regular basis damages not only your hair but also the hair follicles. The chemicals used in permanent hair straightening also unleash untold damage to your roots. And your hair starts falling out.
- Dryness: Using heat styling and chemical treatments regularly over a long period can rob your hair of its natural oils and make it extremely dry and brittle.
Permanent hair straightening technically lasts forever. However, you will need to get it straightened again when your roots have visibly grown out, which could take around 6-9 months.
You may not know this, but there is a high chance that you are unleashing a world of damage on your hair while brushing and drying it. Here are a few things you need to keep in mind once you step out of the shower:
- Use a microfiber towel: Pre-dry your hair with a microfiber towel once you step out of the shower. Avoid using a terrycloth towel as it can tangle your hair too much, increase frizz, and cause it to break.
- Avoid blow-drying: The heat from blow dryers damages your hair just as much as heat styling tools do. It is best to apply a leave-in conditioner all over your damp hair and let it air-dry.
- Blow-dry only after your hair is partially dry: If you absolutely cannot stop using a blow dryer, make this one simple adjustment. Blow-dry your hair once it is 70% dry. This gives time for your hair cuticles to close up and will reduce the heat damage.
These are the hair care tips to keep in mind to ensure the health of your hair that can bring about a massive improvement. It helps you nourish your scalp, stimulate blood flow, and promote the growth of hair strands remarkably.
Every time you step out, your hair is being bombarded by the sun and the innumerable pollutants floating around in the air. Hence, it is super important that you take some steps to protect your precious tresses from them. Below are 5 things that you can do.
- Wear a hat/scarf: Cover your hair when you step outdoors, especially during summers. A hat or a scarf can go a long way in protecting your hair from intense sun damage.
- Don’t step out with oily/wet hair: Don’t step out right after you have oiled or washed your hair as it can make dust and dirt stick to it.
- Use a hair sunscreen: Invest in a hair sunscreen and use it religiously to protect your hair from the ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun.
- Tie up your hair: Leaving your hair open and loose when outdoors can make it more prone to dryness and damage. Tie up your air when heading out into the world.
- Deep condition: Deep condition your hair at least once a week to cleanse your scalp completely and restore moisture back into your dull, dry hair.
These are the hair care tips to keep in mind to ensure the health of your hair.
Potato juice helps activate your hair scalp cells, which in turn, encourages hair growth. It can help in cleansing the scalp by absorbing sebum and sweat. Also, it is rich in starch content, which will get rid of the excess oil in your hair. Here are the benefits you should know:
- Fast Hair Growth: Potato juice and peel contain zinc, niacin, and iron that help in the fast growth of hair by nourish and nurturing the hair follicles.
- Remove Dandruff: Potatoes are acidic in nature and hence help in keeping dandruff at bay. Potato juice for hair can be beneficial for the scalp as well.
- Keeps The Scalp Clean: The usage of potato juice on hair can cleanse the scalp and unclog the hair follicles which also deals with problems like dandruff and hair fall.
- Natural Conditioner: Potato acts as a natural conditioner by adding shine and luster to the hair. Using potato juice for hair softening is an ancient ritual in many civilizations.
- Stimulating Blood Circulation: Juice of potato for hair when massaged gently on the scalp stimulates blood circulation, getting rid of the impurities from hair follicles.
Potato juice exhibits antioxidant activity. This may keep the scalp free of infections and dandruff. Potato unclogs hair follicles, keeping the scalp clean. Using potato juice may add shine and luster to your hair by closing the cuticles.
Beetroot has loads of calcium, Vitamin B, and C, protein, and phosphorous which help in the growth of healthy hair. These nutrients stimulate your hair follicles which in turn boosts hair growth. By tightening the pores in your scalp, potassium in beetroot prevents your hair from falling as well. Below are some benefits of using Beetroot for your hair.
- Better blood circulation: The carotenoids in beetroot promote better blood circulation in your scalp and nourish your hair follicles from the inside.
- Improves hair health: Beetroot reduces your stress levels and increase the health of your hair. By taking beetroot, you increase the iron levels in your blood that is also needed to take care of your hair.
- Prevents baldness and hair loss: The iron and electrolytes found in beetroot repairs damaged hair and reduces hair breakage.
- Prevents dandruff: Beetroot removes dead skin cells from your scalp and any excess oil protecting your scalp from getting dandruff thus promoting the growth of healthy hair. Beetroot also prevents dandruff and gives your hair shine.
- Reduce scalp itchiness: If you have an itching scalp and your hair is weak, you can apply beetroot to remove the dead cells and prevent itching.
Beetroot increases the flow of blood to your body and scalp which helps your hair to become healthy, strong, and bouncy. Vitamin A, proteins, and calcium are nutrients found in beetroot that ensure your hair grows strong.
Carrots contain vitamin A, a nutrient that can condition your scalp. As per anecdotal evidence, carrots may also improve the overall strength of your hair and make it thicker and shinier. The nutrients in carrots can also improve blood circulation to your scalp, which may help in promoting hair growth. Below are the benefits of carrot for your hair.
- Promotes Hair Growth: Carrot juice for hair growth is also highly recommended because it supplies our bodies with lots of vitamins C and E. These components can improve scalp blood circulation. Therefore, hair growth could be promoted faster. Regular consumption of carrots will improve your hair strength and brighten its look.
- Nourish Your Hair: Carrots will nourish your hair with thousands of minerals and vitamins, make it stronger, thicker, shinier and smoother. Another secret of carrots juice that you may not know is that it can help to prevent your hair from premature graying.
- Prevent Hair Loss: Carrots contain a huge amount of beta carotene which prevents your hair and scalp from dryness, avoiding hair loss. Vitamin E found in carrots can promote blood circulation in the scalp.
Carrot juice is the easiest way for nourishing your hair. You can try it and notice the changes yourself.
The hair follicles from which the hair grows, produce oil from the sebaceous glands. This is what keeps your hair smooth. The scalp also has numerous sweat glands and is a surface for the accumulation of dead skin cells. The oil, sweat and dead cells all add together and can make the hair greasy and look dirty unless you wash it regularly.
Poor hair hygiene could cause dandruff and skin infections. For the uninitiated, dandruff is dead skin on the scalp that comes off in tiny flakes when sebaceous glands produce too much oil and accumulates on the scalp. Fortunately, there are some ways in which you can keep your hair clean.
- Use clean water to wash your hair regularly (at least twice weekly, preferably once every other day) with body soap or shampoo, whichever is available.
- Massage your scalp well. This will remove dead skin cells, excess oil and dirt.
- Rinse well with clear water.
- Conditioner is helpful if you have longer hair as it makes the hair smoother and easier to comb.
- Use a wide toothed comb for wet hair as it is easier to pull through.
- Dry the hair and the head with a clean towel. Never share a towel with someone else.
- Comb the hair to look beautiful for the day.
Following these could do wonders for your hair and keep it clean to an extent.
Rice water contains amino acids that strengthen the hair roots, increase hair volume, and make your hair shiny and smooth. Rice water acts as a shield and protects your hair from damage. Some of its benefits are listed below:
- Improves Hair Growth: The best way to use rice water to grow hair is to rinse your hair with it after a wash. Follow the process at least twice a week, and you will surely see the results.
- Reduces Split Ends: Soak your split ends in rice water for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash your hair. You will gradually see improvement in the condition of your hair.
- Cures Dandruff: Rice water gives you respite from dandruff and with regular use, helps you combat the problem altogether. Use it regularly for better results.
- Makes Hair Silky And Shiny: Rice water strengthen your hair roots, add shine to hair, and make it smooth and silky.
- Protects Hair From Damage: It contains inositol that repairs damaged hair and protects hair.
In every possible way, rice water is great for your hair. It is safe, natural, and has absolutely no side effects. It improves the condition of your hair in a healthy manner. It can restore the natural luster of your hair. Notice the changes!.
Coconut oil is a natural home remedy for your hair to grow longer, thicker, and faster. The vitamins and essential fatty acids found in coconut oil will nourish the scalp and help to remove sebum build-up from hair follicles. Coconut oil can be mixed with other ingredients for various hair problems. Some of them are:
- Prevent dandruff: Take 1 teaspoon of lemon and mix it with 1 teaspoon of honey and mix it well with 2 tablespoon of hot coconut oil. Apply this on the hair and scalp. Wash it off after 30 minutes with shampoo to get rid of dandruff.
- Prevent hair fall: An easy way to prevent hair fall is by blending 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with ripe banana together. Apply this paste on hair and scalp. Wash it off after 15 minutes.
- Hair nourisher: Whisk an egg with coconut oil and add 1 teaspoon of honey and mix it well. Massage this mixture to your hair and scalp. This will adds strength and elasticity to frizzy, brittle and damaged hair, and promotes hair growth by helping reducing hair loss.
Coconut oils ensure shiny and dark hair. Because it helps in retaining its natural protein, and helpful for those who lack enough natural protein in hair follicles.
If you are in a rush and you don’t have time to shower, and you still want your hair to look clean and shiny. Then here are a few tricks you can try for those mornings when hair washing is out of the question. Here is what you should do.
- Dry Shampoo: Dry shampoo is definitely one of the main ways to prolong a regular shampoo. It can be used if you have a naturally greasy scalp, or if you are a person who just can’t function without washing your hair daily. Hold the bottle at least six inches away from your hair and spray. Give your hair one to two days rest from dry shampoo.
- Shower Cap: If you’re not washing your hair, put on a shower cap when showering. It helps to keep your hair dry. It also helps to prevent heat, humidity and water droplets from getting into your hair, which may make it look frizzier.
- Baby Powder: Sprinkle baby powder on your hands and then run it all through your hair. Pay special attention to the roots, the jawline and underneath. It will make it instantly look and smell fresher. It will also soak up the grease and make it look newly washed.
Washing your hair too much can actually encourage more oil production from the hair, leading it to get greasier faster. You can try out these tips for clean, grease-free hair in between washes.