Water is a source of energy for every cell in your body. The average adult human body is about 60% water. When you’re well-hydrated, your body can function properly. Dehydration slows the efficiency of organs and systems inside your body.
Water is also important for your hair follicles, which are the fastest-growing tissue in the body. Water regulates the circulatory system and lubricates hair follicles. Thus it stimulates hair growth.
Drinking inadequate water can have a direct impact on your hair. Each hair shaft is made up of ¼ of water. When you don’t drink enough water, the shaft becomes weak. Your hair may become thin, brittle, dry, and break off easily. It leads to the appearance of thinning hair.
Drink water whenever you feel thirsty. Also, eat water-rich foods such as apricots, blueberries, oranges, grapes, watermelon, cucumber, celery, tomatoes, and spinach among others. Stay hydrated always and earn healthy hair!
You may not know this, but there is a high chance that you are unleashing a world of damage on your hair while brushing and drying it. Here are a few things you need to keep in mind once you step out of the shower:
- Use a microfiber towel: Pre-dry your hair with a microfiber towel once you step out of the shower. Avoid using a terrycloth towel as it can tangle your hair too much, increase frizz, and cause it to break.
- Avoid blow-drying: The heat from blow dryers damages your hair just as much as heat styling tools do. It is best to apply a leave-in conditioner all over your damp hair and let it air-dry.
- Blow-dry only after your hair is partially dry: If you absolutely cannot stop using a blow dryer, make this one simple adjustment. Blow-dry your hair once it is 70% dry. This gives time for your hair cuticles to close up and will reduce the heat damage.
These are the hair care tips to keep in mind to ensure the health of your hair that can bring about a massive improvement. It helps you nourish your scalp, stimulate blood flow, and promote the growth of hair strands remarkably.
Every time you step out, your hair is being bombarded by the sun and the innumerable pollutants floating around in the air. Hence, it is super important that you take some steps to protect your precious tresses from them. Below are 5 things that you can do.
- Wear a hat/scarf: Cover your hair when you step outdoors, especially during summers. A hat or a scarf can go a long way in protecting your hair from intense sun damage.
- Don’t step out with oily/wet hair: Don’t step out right after you have oiled or washed your hair as it can make dust and dirt stick to it.
- Use a hair sunscreen: Invest in a hair sunscreen and use it religiously to protect your hair from the ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun.
- Tie up your hair: Leaving your hair open and loose when outdoors can make it more prone to dryness and damage. Tie up your air when heading out into the world.
- Deep condition: Deep condition your hair at least once a week to cleanse your scalp completely and restore moisture back into your dull, dry hair.
These are the hair care tips to keep in mind to ensure the health of your hair.
Trichotillomania is a hair-pulling disorder that involves irresistible urges to pull out hair from your scalp, eyebrows or other areas of your body. People with trichotillomania may pull out their hair when they’re stressed as a way to try to soothe themselves.
For people with trichotillomania, hair pulling is a way of dealing with stress, anxiety, tension, boredom, loneliness, fatigue or frustration.
They often find that pulling out hair feels satisfying and provides a measure of relief. As a result, they continue to pull their hair to maintain these positive feelings.
Symptoms of trichotillomania often include:
- An increasing sense of tension when you try to resist pulling the hair.
- A sense of relief after the hair is pulled.
- Biting, chewing or eating pulled-out hair.
- Playing with pulled-out hair or rubbing it across your lips or face.
Treatments for trichotillomania include counselling and medication, such as antidepressants. A type of behavior therapy called habit reversal training is also a good treatment. It helps to replace a bad habit with something else that’s not harmful.
Hibiscus-infused oil can help boost hair growth. It is rich in vitamin C, whose deficiency is known to cause hair loss.
Also, it is rich in amino acids that nourish your hair, strengthen your roots, and keep your locks lustrous and healthy. The flower stimulates hair regrowth from dormant follicles and bald patches. Below are five benefits you should know.
- Hair Loss: It is an excellent natural hair loss remedy that stops frequent hair fall. Hibiscus nourishes your scalp and strengthens the follicles, thereby reducing hair loss.
- Hair Regrowth: Hibiscus doesn’t just reduce hair fall, it also promotes hair regrowth. It resolves bald patch issues and induces hair growth significantly.
- Stops hair breakage and split ends: Stronger hair shafts and strands means less hair breakage. Hibiscus will strengthen your hair completely from shaft to tip, thus giving your hair freedom from breakage and split ends.
- Stops hair thinning: Hibiscus will supplement hair proteins and ensure your hair doesn’t just get stronger, but thicker as well. You will notice reduced hair thinning with regular use.
- Conditions Hair: It conditions and nourishes hair locks and scalp, thereby keeping at bay various other problems that stem from dry scalp.
Regular use of hibiscus will strengthen hair strands and make them bounce, with luster and life. It helps you nourish your scalp, stimulate blood flow, and promote the growth of hair strands remarkably.
Potato juice helps activate your hair scalp cells, which in turn, encourages hair growth. It can help in cleansing the scalp by absorbing sebum and sweat. Also, it is rich in starch content, which will get rid of the excess oil in your hair. Here are the benefits you should know:
- Fast Hair Growth: Potato juice and peel contain zinc, niacin, and iron that help in the fast growth of hair by nourish and nurturing the hair follicles.
- Remove Dandruff: Potatoes are acidic in nature and hence help in keeping dandruff at bay. Potato juice for hair can be beneficial for the scalp as well.
- Keeps The Scalp Clean: The usage of potato juice on hair can cleanse the scalp and unclog the hair follicles which also deals with problems like dandruff and hair fall.
- Natural Conditioner: Potato acts as a natural conditioner by adding shine and luster to the hair. Using potato juice for hair softening is an ancient ritual in many civilizations.
- Stimulating Blood Circulation: Juice of potato for hair when massaged gently on the scalp stimulates blood circulation, getting rid of the impurities from hair follicles.
Potato juice exhibits antioxidant activity. This may keep the scalp free of infections and dandruff. Potato unclogs hair follicles, keeping the scalp clean. Using potato juice may add shine and luster to your hair by closing the cuticles.
Castor oil is known to moisturize the scalp, ease dandruff, and leave your hair smooth and shiny.
When applied to the scalp, it’s purported to enhance the health of the hair follicles and, in turn, promote hair growth and reduce hair loss. Below are some facts you should know.
- Promotes Hair Growth: Castor oil is said to be one of the best hair oils for hair growth. It helps to stimulate hair growth and reduce dandruff.
- Improves Blood Circulation: It helps to increase blood circulation to the scalp and increase the hair’s thickness and density.
- Reduce Dandruff: It has antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. These can help cleans the scalp and protect it from infections.
- Helps To Moisturize: Castor oil can also help moisturize the hair and condition it. It helps to increase the luster of hair.
- Reduce Hair Damage: It also has antioxidant properties. Hence, it can help to reduce hair damage and hair fall caused by free radicals.
- Prevents Early Aging: Castor oil makes hair darker and prevents early aging of hair like premature graying.
Apart from these, castor oil contains omega-6 fatty acids. These fatty acids can help improve overall hair health and hair texture. Its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties make it beneficial against folliculitis, dandruff, and scalp infections and its ricinoleic acid content help increase circulation to the scalp and improve hair growth.
Beetroot has loads of calcium, Vitamin B, and C, protein, and phosphorous which help in the growth of healthy hair. These nutrients stimulate your hair follicles which in turn boosts hair growth. By tightening the pores in your scalp, potassium in beetroot prevents your hair from falling as well. Below are some benefits of using Beetroot for your hair.
- Better blood circulation: The carotenoids in beetroot promote better blood circulation in your scalp and nourish your hair follicles from the inside.
- Improves hair health: Beetroot reduces your stress levels and increase the health of your hair. By taking beetroot, you increase the iron levels in your blood that is also needed to take care of your hair.
- Prevents baldness and hair loss: The iron and electrolytes found in beetroot repairs damaged hair and reduces hair breakage.
- Prevents dandruff: Beetroot removes dead skin cells from your scalp and any excess oil protecting your scalp from getting dandruff thus promoting the growth of healthy hair. Beetroot also prevents dandruff and gives your hair shine.
- Reduce scalp itchiness: If you have an itching scalp and your hair is weak, you can apply beetroot to remove the dead cells and prevent itching.
Beetroot increases the flow of blood to your body and scalp which helps your hair to become healthy, strong, and bouncy. Vitamin A, proteins, and calcium are nutrients found in beetroot that ensure your hair grows strong.
Carrots contain vitamin A, a nutrient that can condition your scalp. As per anecdotal evidence, carrots may also improve the overall strength of your hair and make it thicker and shinier. The nutrients in carrots can also improve blood circulation to your scalp, which may help in promoting hair growth. Below are the benefits of carrot for your hair.
- Promotes Hair Growth: Carrot juice for hair growth is also highly recommended because it supplies our bodies with lots of vitamins C and E. These components can improve scalp blood circulation. Therefore, hair growth could be promoted faster. Regular consumption of carrots will improve your hair strength and brighten its look.
- Nourish Your Hair: Carrots will nourish your hair with thousands of minerals and vitamins, make it stronger, thicker, shinier and smoother. Another secret of carrots juice that you may not know is that it can help to prevent your hair from premature graying.
- Prevent Hair Loss: Carrots contain a huge amount of beta carotene which prevents your hair and scalp from dryness, avoiding hair loss. Vitamin E found in carrots can promote blood circulation in the scalp.
Carrot juice is the easiest way for nourishing your hair. You can try it and notice the changes yourself.
Curry leaves are rich sources of beta-carotene and proteins, which can reduce hair loss and increase hair growth. They also contain amino acids and antioxidants which strengthen the hair follicles and moisturize the scalp. Curry leaves also help remove the dead hair follicles, which can be the reason behind dandruff. Below are some benefits that you should know
- Promotes Hair Growth: Curry leaves help in speeding up hair growth by restoring the health of your scalp. You can make a paste with fresh curry leaves, amla, and methi leaves. Apply this paste all over your scalp, and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Repair Hair Damage: Curry leaves can help in repair hair damage. Mix curry leaves paste with olive oil and aloe vera. Gently massage it on the scalp and apply it to the lengths of the hair.
- Reduces Hair Fall And Thinning: Curry leaves are a rich source of beta-carotene and proteins, which can reduce hair loss and increase hair growth. You can make a paste with curry leaves, hibiscus petals, and coconut oil. Apply this paste all over your scalp, and leave it for 30 minutes.
Curry leaves are rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants moisturize the scalp, and also remove dead hair follicles. It neutralizes the free radicals and keeps your hair healthy and strong. Notice the changes!.