You may not know this, but there is a high chance that you are unleashing a world of damage on your hair while brushing and drying it. Here are a few things you need to keep in mind once you step out of the shower:
- Use a microfiber towel: Pre-dry your hair with a microfiber towel once you step out of the shower. Avoid using a terrycloth towel as it can tangle your hair too much, increase frizz, and cause it to break.
- Avoid blow-drying: The heat from blow dryers damages your hair just as much as heat styling tools do. It is best to apply a leave-in conditioner all over your damp hair and let it air-dry.
- Blow-dry only after your hair is partially dry: If you absolutely cannot stop using a blow dryer, make this one simple adjustment. Blow-dry your hair once it is 70% dry. This gives time for your hair cuticles to close up and will reduce the heat damage.
These are the hair care tips to keep in mind to ensure the health of your hair that can bring about a massive improvement. It helps you nourish your scalp, stimulate blood flow, and promote the growth of hair strands remarkably.
Potato juice helps activate your hair scalp cells, which in turn, encourages hair growth. It can help in cleansing the scalp by absorbing sebum and sweat. Also, it is rich in starch content, which will get rid of the excess oil in your hair. Here are the benefits you should know:
- Fast Hair Growth: Potato juice and peel contain zinc, niacin, and iron that help in the fast growth of hair by nourish and nurturing the hair follicles.
- Remove Dandruff: Potatoes are acidic in nature and hence help in keeping dandruff at bay. Potato juice for hair can be beneficial for the scalp as well.
- Keeps The Scalp Clean: The usage of potato juice on hair can cleanse the scalp and unclog the hair follicles which also deals with problems like dandruff and hair fall.
- Natural Conditioner: Potato acts as a natural conditioner by adding shine and luster to the hair. Using potato juice for hair softening is an ancient ritual in many civilizations.
- Stimulating Blood Circulation: Juice of potato for hair when massaged gently on the scalp stimulates blood circulation, getting rid of the impurities from hair follicles.
Potato juice exhibits antioxidant activity. This may keep the scalp free of infections and dandruff. Potato unclogs hair follicles, keeping the scalp clean. Using potato juice may add shine and luster to your hair by closing the cuticles.
Castor oil is known to moisturize the scalp, ease dandruff, and leave your hair smooth and shiny.
When applied to the scalp, it’s purported to enhance the health of the hair follicles and, in turn, promote hair growth and reduce hair loss. Below are some facts you should know.
- Promotes Hair Growth: Castor oil is said to be one of the best hair oils for hair growth. It helps to stimulate hair growth and reduce dandruff.
- Improves Blood Circulation: It helps to increase blood circulation to the scalp and increase the hair’s thickness and density.
- Reduce Dandruff: It has antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. These can help cleans the scalp and protect it from infections.
- Helps To Moisturize: Castor oil can also help moisturize the hair and condition it. It helps to increase the luster of hair.
- Reduce Hair Damage: It also has antioxidant properties. Hence, it can help to reduce hair damage and hair fall caused by free radicals.
- Prevents Early Aging: Castor oil makes hair darker and prevents early aging of hair like premature graying.
Apart from these, castor oil contains omega-6 fatty acids. These fatty acids can help improve overall hair health and hair texture. Its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties make it beneficial against folliculitis, dandruff, and scalp infections and its ricinoleic acid content help increase circulation to the scalp and improve hair growth.
Hair loss is not only scary, but quite depressing. If you want to get back your long, lustrous tresses, you should start taking care of your hair before it’s too late.
Curry leaves is one such ingredient that can do wonder for our hair growth. Apart from their usage in cooking, curry leaves contain certain nutrients that are super beneficial for the health of our hair. Curry leaves contain beta-carotene and protein. Beta carotene helps to prevent hair loss and protein stops the thinning of hair.
Read on to know how to make two curry leaves hair packs for hair growth:
- Curry leaves and yogurt hair pack: Take some fresh curry leaves and make a paste. Now add some yogurt to it and mix well. Massage your hair and scalp thoroughly with this pack for 15 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Curry leaves and hibiscus hair pack: Get some fresh curry leaves and put them in grinder along with few fresh hibiscus leaves and 4-5 hibiscus petals. Grind to mix these three ingredients. Once it is done, mix 2 tbsp of yogurt with this and blend together. This hair pack should be applied on absolutely clean hair. Comb your hair with a wide toothed comb thoroughly. Massage your scalp with the pack thoroughly. Keep this for an hour and wash off.
We know that the hair damage process is on the go when hair starts falling off.
What this ideally means is that the roots of your hair have gotten weaker. They do not have the strength to hold on. This may in fact be caused by other factors such as dandruff or scalp infections of whose signs we may not have realized already. So let’s dive in to see what can be done to make hair roots stronger.
Even if you don’t do anything particularly great for strengthening hair, the least you can do is not to do anything that worsens the condition – the DON’Ts. Always try to use sulphate-free products, especially if you have thin, frizzy hair.
Chemically treating hair to an extent should be fine, but overdoing this will make your hair weaker.
Hair is made of protein. So it only makes sense to add more protein to your diet regularly to strengthen hair. This not only promotes hair growth, but keeps your weight under check too.
Protein gives you a feeling of fullness, and keeps your hunger levels down. Eggs, chicken(lean meat), cottage cheese, spinach, avocados, oily fish, sweet potatoes, berries and nuts are some of the best food items that strengthen hair roots promote hair growth. And more importantly, HYDRATE. Your hair needs it.
Before you set out to strengthen your hair, it is important to understand the factors that impacts your hair badly. Repeated relaxing and dyeing, especially using harsh hair chemicals usually weakens the hair.
Extreme heat, similarly, will definitely weaken the hair. The heat will deform the keratin protein that your hair is made from.
So how can you strengthen your hair? Here are some tips
- Drink more water and eat healthily: Eat foods rich in Vitamins A, C, and E, iron, Omega-3, and protein and drink at least 3 liters of water a day. This is one of the simplest ways to give your hair strength.
- Avoid extreme heat: The more you expose your hair to heat, the weaker it becomes.
- Oil your scalp: Essential oils such as coconut oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, among others will work wonders for your hair when used on your scalp.
Trying these tips will give results in the long run.